Saturday, September 8, 2007

In Memory of Topong


I met Mr. Topong Kulkhanchit when I attended a seminar in APCD ( Asia-Pacific Development Center on Disability) in Bangkok, Thailand. I had the good fortune of having the opportunity to have a one-on-one session with this great man. He was very charismatic.

When I heared of his passing away, I was saddened. He was a great man and a great loss that left a considerable vacuum.

Just recently, I visited the APNIL (Asia-Pacific Network on Independent Living) website. I read the letter posted by Mr. Shoji (I took the liberty of posting it here). For some unexplainable reasons after reading the letter of Mr. Shoji, I became teary-eyed. I am not an emotional person but that time made me realize that Mr. Topong made an impression that affected my attitude about disability. I remembered he said to me, "Keep moving forward!" And that I will do.


In memory of Mr. Topong Kulkhanchit.

No comments: